Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The trouble with Tribbles

OK, they're not Tribbles, but they are small, cute, and appear to be reproducing at a rapid rate on the Swanson half-acre.

One of these things is much like another.

When the snow finally melted I discovered I'd been on quite a buying spree at last September's plant clearances. I have a fondness for junipers and for fall color, and these little guys have great feathery fronds and keep their bright gold color all year long.

The dilemma: I have three of them, all in the front yard in various spots. As you can see, these aren't background plants. One is a neat accent; two look like overkill and three make it clear to the neighbors that someone at our house has a serious problem.

I may even have proudly carried them off from the same garden center week after week, but that's been lost in the mists, as well. I don't remember where I got the first, much less the second and third.

It'll be great to get a new kidney, but I also hope I get my brain back.

Garden centers are stocking up again and I don't need to wake up one day with a fourth Tribble.