Friday, April 23, 2010

Day one after the day

Yesterday was a big waiting day for me. We started waiting at the surgery admissions lounge then after they took Holly away to the operating room I waited with Cheryl's parents Jim and Mary in the big waiting room. I don't know many other people I would rather wait with. They went to be with Cheryl after she got to the recovery room. Then after the surgeon stopped by and let me know Holly was doing well I went and had lunch and then waited almost 3 hours until Holly got to her room. It was listed as a 2 hour wait but I am assured this is an example of "hospital time."

Holly got increasingly lucid as the evening wore on and we wore out too. At that point I went home.

Today she is still improving and waiting to go to her next room. Still hospital time I think. Everybody is very happy with how things are going.

Randy