Monday, April 26, 2010

Last day for this...

I had to arrive early enough to get to the exit class with the social worker. We need to form a management team to make sure that this merger will be a long term success. To my surprise Holly was sitting up and actually ... ...chirpy. "Big changes in recovery land" I thought. More morning tests and poking on the way to leaving. This does seem to be the last day. I know this place is getting too familiar for my taste. I came back from my meeting and we talked for a while.

I went home for lunch and to get the computer since I wasn't sure of the schedule today. The "dog fairies" are a bit bemused by what's going on, but they seem to be taking it okay. I came in today and Major the Irish Setter smiled down at me from the top of the stairs. This is something he usually reserves for Holly. I know when she comes home he will have a big smile for her. I took the balloons (Thank you Lillie folk) and Holly's contingency bag of supplies home so we have less to carry when the time comes.

I got back just in time to see Holly finish her lunch of macaroni and cheese and chicken cutlet. She suggested that she would be sleepy from Benadryl but I haven't seen that yet and by now I am a kind of expert at what drugged sleeping looks like. She's a little dozy (Holly helped me with the spelling there) but still with it.

We are waiting for the last I.V. bag of one of the drugs she needs, after that one is done she won't need an I.V. anymore and they can remove the last tube. It was amazing the number of bags and tubes Holly started with on her I.V. tree. As she has made progress one by one they have disappeared. Such are the indications of progress. It really does look like she's ready to go home.

... tomorrow is the first day for that.