Thursday, March 11, 2010

New date!

It only seems like the transplant that never quite makes it into the station. . .

We were on for April 2. We're now on for April 22.

It actually wasn't a number-recognition problem on my part. Cheryl called a couple weeks ago to say she'd gotten an odd call from her transplant coordinator (they have us working with two completely different "teams" -- kind of like the seller's real-estate agent and the buyer's real-estate agent.) Her people said my surgeon was going to be "out of the country" the week of April 2.

I promised I'd have my people contact her people, and put in a call to my transplant coordinator. "Your surgeon is so sorry -- it turns out she wasn't coordinating her work calendar with her home calendar and she's going to be in Utah all that week!" she said.

Well, I've certainly done that kind of thing often enough -- though my range of motion is generally between Roseville and North St. Paul. Ah well -- I have a little more time to clean the house, get projects under control and try to get ahead at work.

And Cheryl gets to accompany for Easter at her church! "From doghouse to undoghouse," as she puts it.

Blessings all 'round.